Social networking sites are used to promote an online business, blog and websites. One of the most popular social networking sites is Facebook. This has over 500 million active users making this a minefield for people who wish to promote their blog. Facebook offers a lot of ways to promote your blog with its vast amount of applications and activities. The ways in promoting your blog is endless and you do not have to spam information just to get the attention of the users.
Facebook allows you to connect to the people you know, reconnect with old pals and form new friendships and acquaintances. You should use this benefit to your advantage.
· Update your Profile – this is the simplest way to promote your blog using Facebook. Your profile will be your link to promote your blog to the other Facebook users. Include the URL of your blog in your websites. This way your friends will be aware that you have a blog and they can check on your site.
· Update your Status – including your blog’s URL is not enough to promote your blog on Facebook. You need to inform your friends that you really have a blog. You can use the status updates of Facebook to promote your blog. A simple status update indicating about writing a blog will do. Aside from informing your friends about your activities you can also post pictures, videos and links on the status bar. This will be included in the RSS feeds of your friends.
· Publish your Blog – yes, you can publish your blog on your Facebook profile. You will need an RSS feed aggregator applications to publish your blog feed into your profile. You can find several applications that can be modified according to your needs.
· Create your Own Facebook Page – you may have a limited number of friends and if you really want to increase traffic to your blog, it is high time for you to go on a step higher. Create a Facebook page for your blog. This is different from an individual profile since the fans of the page do not necessarily have to be your friends. You can include RSS applications to your page, upload photos and videos. The fans of your page can also join in discussions, polls, forum posting, and more.
· Advertise on Facebook – when you log in to your Facebook account, you can notice a lineup of ads about different products, games, and more on the right hand side. This is another application of Facebook that you can use to your advantage to promote your blog. You can advertise your blog here and invite more people to join your Facebook page and also your blog.
These are just some of the ways that you can do to promote your blog on Facebook. These steps will inform people about your blog but it will not create spam. The steps provided here will not succeed if you will not take time to maintain your profile and page. You also need to keep your friends and fans updated by posting information on your wall and interacting with them.